Snickerdoodles

Who can resist snickerdoodles?  Who can resist smiling when they say the name? :)  I've yet to meet someone who doesn't like a snickerdoodle.  It's a humble little cookie that you don't see very often, but everyone gets excited when you bring them and you hear lots of, "Oh, I love snickerdoodles!" (and of course they smile, because who can resist smiling when you say 'snickerdoodle?')



I'm not sure where this particular recipe came from, but it's the recipe I got from my mom in one of those typical college phone conversations, "Hey Mom, what's your recipe for snickderdoodles <insert smile>?" I still have the Post-It note I wrote it on all those years ago.  I'm not sure how it compares to other snickerdoodle recipes because I've never even looked up other recipes.  Why try something new when this one is so good?!?



Snickerdoodles
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup shortening (butter flavored)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda

coating
2 T sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

1. Beat butter, shortening, sugar, and eggs until fluffy. Add dry ingredients.

2. Shape dough by rounded teaspoons into balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar,  coating completely.

3. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.

4. Bake at 350 degrees, 8-10 minutes (or until set)

5. Remove immediately from sheets when done baking.

Makes about 6 dozen.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment