Peanut Butterfinger Cookies

This is likely to be about as close to a recipe with nuts as you'll ever find on this blog (with the exception of if I ever find that pistachio biscotti recipe I made years ago)!  I'm not a big fan of nuts. Okay, I'll be honest - I don't like nuts.  And there are even a few to which I am allergic.  But I gotta say that peanut butter mixed with butter and sugar isn't all that bad!



















These are a fun twist on the classic peanut butter cookie that kids and grownups alike will enjoy.  Even without the candy I think this would be a little different than your run-of-the-mill peanut butter cookie; of course, I don't eat peanut butter cookies very often, so you'll have to try it yourself and let me know how you think it compares!

Ingredients
5 Butterfinger bars, roughly chopped
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup flour
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 tsp. baking soda

1.  Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.

2.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and soda.  Add to the butter mixture until just combined.  Add the chopped Butterfinger pieces and mix until fully incorporated into batter.

3.  Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until cookies are golden brown.  Let sit on pan briefly and remove to a wire rack.  Do not let cookies sit on pan for too long - cooling candy pieces will stick to the pan and make the cookies hard to remove! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment