Raspberry Pie

My mother has been making this raspberry pie for as long as I can remember.  Every summer I look forward to fresh raspberries so I can continue the tradition of making this pie.  In fact, there really isn't any other raspberry recipe that I make.  This year the berries came out late, so I had to wait for what seemed like forever.  But they are here and you've got to try this recipe - I guarantee that, if you like raspberries, you'll find it tasty!!

I do have to admit that this particular pie was made by my mother - hey, we needed the pie for company and I didn't have time!  And after all, she's the one who taught me, right?!?
 
 
Raspberry Pie

1 qt. raspberries
1 1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 T corn syrup
3 oz. box raspberry Jell-O

Pie Crust: mix the following and pat into a pie plate
1 cup flour
1 stick margarine or butter, room temperature
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Allow crust to cool a little and place berries in crust.

Mix sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water.
Boil 1 cup water, add Jell-O and dissolve.
Add sugar/corn syrup mixture and mix to dissolve sugar.  Cool.  Pour over berries.

Refrigerate pie until solid.  Serve as is or with whipped cream.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Super good! Almost tops apple and pumpkin pie! I guess two more months until apple pie time?

    ReplyDelete