Lucca | Review

Lucca | Portland OR | Rustic Italian
 
Lucca is on the corner of Fremont and NE 24th. Having driven past a few times, I was looking forward to trying this Italian restaurant. Now I look forward to going back!

We went this week for lunch. Standing in the entry you could smell herbs and other comfort-food ingredients from the kitchen; lunch was off to a good start! Two pasta dishes and three personal pizzas were ordered at our table. All special requests were remembered and everyone liked their dish.

I ordered the Pera Pizza. With wood-fired pears, goat cheese, radicchio, mozzarella, Parmesan and crispy prosciutto there wasn't much to improve. The crust was thin but not crispy, and despite all the cheese listed, it wasn't heavy. My only complaint was the amount of fire-charred crust on the bottom. While my grandma purposely burns her toast, charred pizza crust isn't my preference. Fortunately, it wasn't completely covered in char. I really enjoyed the rich, salty crunch of the prosciutto with the fruity sweetness of the pear. As a plus, the pizzas were big enough to have half left over!

Lucca was a solid rustic, Italian restaurant and I look forward to going back to explore more items on the menu!






Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment